Grandma Chic

Grandma Chic

Friday 4 July 2014

Bags for my knitting

I've been quite frustrated carrying around plastic carrier bags of unfinished knitting projects, (not only because they are unfinished) but the bags themselves look shabby and unappealing, so I thought I should make myself (and others) a proper knitting bag. Whilst working on some designs, I came across a couple of old blankets made from lovely welsh wool that belonged to my Gran, and thought they'd be perfect.

Both bags are adapted patterns and have handles made from secondhand belts. The smaller bag (in front) has a pearl button fastening and binding around the top to match the lining. The larger bag has a zip fastening and pretty floral cotton lining, ideal for carrying all my yarns. I'll be working on a few more ideas before I make a batch of these, so stay tuned.


photography by Sam Budgen 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment